Mindfulness in 3rd grade
Alphabreaths teaches children breathing techniques that promote mindfulness, relaxation, and compassion. Relax while you Watch the video:
Alphabreaths - The ABCs of Mindful Breathing
Another great video for Mindfulness: 3 Minutes of Mindfulness
Non- Fiction Reading and Writing ~ Students will learn about text features, subject specific vocabulary, cause and effect, compare and contrast, main idea, and summarizing. Additionally, we will learn how to cite evidence and generate questions about informational text. Each student will write a book on a topic in which they have expertise.
1. Explore time as a continuous measurement using a
2. Relate skip-counting by 5 on the clock and telling
time to a continuous measurement model, the number line.
3. Count by five and one on the number line as a strategy to tell time to the nearest
minute on the clock.
4. Solve word problems involving time intervals within 1 hour by counting backwards
and forwards using a number line and clock.
5. Solve word problems involving time intervals within an hour by adding and
subtracting on the number line.